The care and attention I give to each custom order is symbolized by this quilt, with its imagery of spiral, heart, and hands.
With commissions, I strive to interpret and express my client’s aesthetic sense, their vision for the quilt, and the memories or emotions they want the quilt to convey. Of course, my own artistic sensibilities and technical skills guide the process.
Each quilt I make is unique
Your custom-order quilt will not be a duplicate of an existing quilt, though it may be inspired by a quilt you especially like, or it may incorporate elements from other quilts, photos, or artworks. The more you can tell me about the quilt you want, the easier it will be for me to "see" it, design it, and create it for you. With each commission, I use my heart and hands to transform your vision for the quilt into a work of art.
What influences the price of a custom order quilt?
- Complexity of design: Prices range from $10 per square foot for a very simple design, up to $100 per square foot for a complex and detailed design. You will also pay shipping costs.
- Techniques: Some techniques are more time-consuming than others, which is reflected in the cost (for example, hand-stitched applique takes longer than appliquing with the sewing machine).
- Size: The bigger the quilt, the more it costs, as I charge by the square foot.
- Deadline: Rush orders with a tight deadline will be priced higher.
- I can make a quilt that fits your budget: If you specify a price you are comfortable with, I can make a quilt for that price, by balancing the four factors described above.
- I am happy to discuss a custom order for a quilt or wallhanging, so please get in touch. Contact Me
The more you can tell me about the quilt you want, the easier it will be for me to envision, design, and create the quilt of your dreams.
Please note: I do not copy other quilters' work. If you want a duplicate of someone else's quilt, contact her directly to see if she will make you something similar.
The Commission Process
- Email or phone me and describe what you want. My Contact Info
- We will exchange a few emails to firm up details for your quilt.
- I will request a 10% non-refundable design deposit, before I begin designing your quilt.
- I'll send you the three designs by email, asking for your input, suggestions, and choice of design.
- Based on your design choice and your suggestions, I will draw up a final design.
- I will request a sewing deposit (usually 50 to 60%) before I begin to sew.
- As the quilt is being made, I will send you occasional photos of its progress.
- When your quilt is done, I will request the final amount owing, plus shipping costs.
- I'll ship the quilt as soon as I receive payment, and will email you shipping documentation.
- I prefer PayPal, but other payment options are possible.